Location: Chicago, IL
About Greenhouse Scholars
Greenhouse Scholars is a diverse community of leaders working together to ensure people of all backgrounds can live a life of their choosing.
We are focused on sustainable, generational community change – especially in the lowest-resourced communities. We are creating results through the transformative power of higher education, by working with the most inspiring role models from these communities, and by launching hundreds of new companies and projects. Our values are leadership, community, relentlessness, and accountability. We are a non-profit that operates more like a for-profit.
About this role
We are looking for a dynamic person to help us manage existing relationships and cultivate new ones with individual donors, corporate partners, foundations, mentors, volunteers, and other leaders Chicagoland and across Illinois. You will be responsible for building trust, customizing interactions, and growing these relationships to become increasingly meaningful, multi-faceted, and valuable to the organization. You will be the key player raising donations in this region needed to thrive and grow.
This job might be for you if…
You enjoy seeking and cultivating relationships with outstanding leaders across industries and generations, building economic opportunity, and measuring ROI. You listen carefully, understand what people value, anticipate their preferences, and deliver. You are by nature a persuasive person with the ability to envision a solution, get others on board with your ideas, and execute to achieve them. You seek out people from different backgrounds or divergent world-views, and you help them create meaningful connections with one another. You are a self-motivated and results-oriented relationship builder.
- Manage important donor relationships with an ownership mentality and focus on solutions and results.
- Communicate about Greenhouse Scholars using stories, examples, and data that’s consistent with our brand strategy and inspiring to each audience.
- Develop trust, confidence, and a strong rapport with 500+ individual and institutional donors, growing to $1M+ in annual contributions in a couple years.
- Get the ‘right contributors in the right seats’ by presenting opportunities to engage that are customized and specific to the prospect’s goals and values, that are a match with the organization’s needs, that can be sustained for the long term, and that the organization can deliver on.
- Cultivate referrals from current supporters.
- Write, format, design, and edit proposals and reports that demonstrate the organization’s impact in a professional and customized manner.
Ideal candidate will:
- Establish trust and build long-term, high-quality relationships.
- Be positive, engaging, and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation, and follow-up skills.
- Have strong attention to detail, especially regarding written proposals and reports.
- Experience with fundraising, capital campaigns, corporate sponsorship, sales, and/or grant proposals is preferred.
- Salesforce fluency is a plus.
- Have 15+ years of work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is mandatory.
$90,000-$110,000 depending on experience
In addition to being part of a motivated and accomplished team, Greenhouse Scholars offers:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- 401(k) with company match
- …and more!