In November more than 300 high school seniors submitted their application to Greenhouse Scholars in the hopes of creating a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Over the course of the next 6 months, 450 volunteers spent countless hours reviewing applications and interviewing candidates to identify those that exemplified our core values of leadership, relentlessness, accountability, and community.
We are incredibly proud to introduce the newest Greenhouse Scholars, 24 exceptional young leaders and role models who are our Class of 2021! Please click here to read about each of our new Scholars.
Facts about the Class of 2021
- The Class of 2021 held a collective 50 leadership positions in high school as Student Board of Education board members, Presidents of their class and/or National Honor Society, founders of clubs, and captains of sports teams
- Their average household income is $33,500
- Their average high school GPA is 3.9
- This class contains our first Scholars — 4 in total — to attend Harvard University
- These Scholars held 27 part or full time jobs and internships while in high school; 5 Scholars worked 20 or more hours per week to support their families
- The Class of 2021 includes 5 Valedictorians and 2 Salutatorians
- 3 Scholars are entrepreneurs who have founded their own companies or filed a patent of a scientific research finding
- 6 new Scholars were inspired to apply to the program by current or past Greenhouse Scholars
- 100% are poised to create positive, lasting change for generations to come