In December, more than 320 high school seniors submitted their applications to Greenhouse Scholars in the hopes of creating a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Over the course of the next 6 months, 350 volunteers spent over 4500 hours reviewing applications and interviewing candidates to identify those who best exemplified our core values of leadership, relentlessness, accountability, and community.
We are incredibly proud to introduce the newest Greenhouse Scholars! Please click here to read more about these 27 exceptional young leaders and role models.
Facts about the Class of 2022
- These 27 students held a collective 74 leadership positions in high school as Student Board of Education board members, Founders of Debate, Service & Mentor programs, Presidents of their class and/or National Honor Society, Founders of nonprofits, Founders of Environmental Club, Battalion Commanders of JROTC and captains of sports teams
- Their average household income is $36,500 for a family of 4
- Their average high school GPA is 3.8 (unweighted)
- They held 30 part- or full-time jobs and internships while in high school; 5 Scholars worked 20 or more hours per week to support their families
- 18 are first-generation college students
- 4 are entrepreneurs who have founded their own nonprofits or filed a patent of a scientific research finding
- 100% are poised to create positive, lasting change for generations to come