The 2016-2017 online application opens as of September 1, 2016! To apply please go to greenhousescholars.fluidreview.com. Your application must be submitted by December 1, 2016 to be considered. The process consists of three rounds, which are outlined below.
We look for high-performing, under-resourced students who have already demonstrated true leadership and positive community contributions.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior planning to attend a four-year accredited academic institution
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and a legal resident of Colorado, Georgia or Illinois
- Have a cumulative, un-weighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrate financial need (annual household income no greater than $70,000)
- Possess excellent leadership skills, an ability to persevere through difficult circumstances, and a strong interest and commitment to their community
KEY DATES FOR 2016-2017 NEW SCHOLAR SELECTION:
SEPTEMBER 1, 2016
Online application opens. Applicants are asked to provide a summary of leadership, community, and work involvement, letters of recommendation, financial information from the FAFSA Student Aid Report, and short answer responses.
DECEMBER 1, 2016
Application deadline – early submissions are highly encouraged.
JANUARY 24, 2017
Applicants notified of semi-finalist status by email. Semi-finalists asked to provide short videos in response to two specific questions.
FEBRUARY 13, 2017
Semi-finalist deadline to submit additional materials in the application system.
MARCH 12, 2017
Applicants notified of finalist status by email. Finalists asked to submit interview scheduling preference and head shot photo.
MARCH 20, 2017
Finalist deadline to submit additional materials in the application system.
WEEKS OF APRIL 3, APRIL 10 AND APRIL 17, 2017
Finalists from Colorado and Illinois interviewed in person.
WEEK OF APRIL 10, 2017
Finalists from Georgia interviewed in person.
WEEK OF APRIL 24, 2017
Official announcements for Colorado, Illinois, and Georgia made by phone and email.
Contact us anytime with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.459.5470.