Location: Boulder, CO
About Greenhouse Scholars
Greenhouse Scholars is a diverse community of leaders working together to ensure people of all backgrounds can live a life of their choosing.
Our vision is to create a community of leaders who will evolve the communities of the world. Our values are leadership, community, relentlessness, and accountability. We are a non-profit that operates more like a for-profit. We are change agents who are bold and innovative, optimistic and engaging, gritty and accountable, and builders of relationships and community. We are 17 years into proving our model and are aggressively growing our organization and impact. Our team is comprised of entrepreneurial and results-driven individuals who work collaboratively with our community to achieve our goals. We are seeking a high-performing candidate to join our team.
About this role
The Operations Associate is responsible for managing the processes and systems that make it possible to run our programs, relationships, events, and projects. You will work across our entire team to ensure the highest-quality operations, and you will be critical to ensuring the organization is efficient, sustainable, and prepared to scale. This position is in our Boulder, Colorado office and is not virtual or remote.
This job might be for you if…
You are organized, proactive, and know what needs to be done to make an organization run smoothly. You enjoy being the “go-to” person for questions, problems, and opportunities for a team—knowing how to evaluate, prioritize, and implement solutions with little oversight. You take direction and feedback well, always in pursuit of excellence. You are an efficient and effective communicator who ensures the right people know the right information. You move swiftly through a to-do list with a positive attitude, persevering even under changing circumstances. You’re a fast-study at understanding software and technology, and you enjoy thinking about how information should be stored and used across many different systems to ensure data access and integrity.
- Be the organization’s Salesforce administrator, customize Salesforce to work best for this organization, and train staff to use it properly. This includes performing database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing.
- Organize how we use our systems and collect/import data from one to another (MobileCause, Salesforce, Quickbooks, Alchemer, MailChimp, Reviewr, and more).
- Implement a new tool, PeopleGrove, to enhance the way our community engages with our program and connects with each other.
- Manage and generate mailing lists to ensure proper communications to our community.
- Support human resource functions, including employee benefits, hiring processes, new employee onboarding, performance reviews, and internal events.
- Train other Associates on general office systems to ensure consistency and quality control.
- Manage weekly staff status meetings as well as monthly and annual staff events.
- Provide logistical support for major events, especially managing RSVPs, donations, and registrations.
- Manage the general phone line and email inbox for the organization.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- An unrelenting positive attitude
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- An efficient and organized approach to managing projects and information systems
- A strong, entrepreneurial work ethic
- Experience with databases (Salesforce a plus) and excellence at Excel
- 5+ years of work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is mandatory
$50,000 – 60,000 depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 15 ‘work from anywhere’ days
- Parental leave
- 401(k) with company match