Location: Boulder, CO and across the U.S.
About Greenhouse Scholars
Greenhouse is a diverse community of leaders working together to ensure people of all backgrounds can live a life of their choosing. We are focused on sustainable, generational community change – especially in the lowest-resourced communities. We are creating results through the transformative power of higher education, by working with the most inspiring role models from these communities, and by launching hundreds of new companies and projects. We are seeking a high-performing, hard-working candidate to join us.
About this role
We are looking for a dynamic person to manage existing relationships and cultivate new ones with individual donors, corporate partners, foundations, mentors, volunteers, and alumni of our program across the United States. Specifically, you will be focused on managing our community in the 45 states where we do not have local staff (WA, OR, CA, UT, NM, TX, MN, FL, DC, MA, etc), and on corporate and foundation partnerships that span multiple states. You will be responsible for building trust, customizing interactions, and growing these relationships to become increasingly meaningful, multi-faceted, and valuable to the organization.
This position is based in our Boulder, Colorado office with consistent travel around the country.
This job might be for you if…
You enjoy seeking and developing outstanding leaders across industries and generations, building economic opportunities, and measuring ROI. You listen carefully, understand what people value, anticipate their preferences, and deliver. You are by nature a persuasive person with the ability to envision a solution, get others on board with your ideas, and execute to achieve them. You seek out people from different backgrounds or divergent world views, and you help them create meaningful connections with one another. You are a results-oriented relationship builder.
- Manage important donor relationships with an ownership mentality and focus on solutions and results.
- Communicate about Greenhouse Scholars using stories, examples, and data that’s consistent with our brand strategy and inspiring to each audience.
- Develop trust, confidence, and a strong rapport with 200+ individual and institutional donors, growing to $1M+ in annual contributions in a few years.
- Get the ‘right contributors in the right seats’ by presenting opportunities to engage that are customized and specific to the prospect’s goals and values, match with the organization’s needs, can be sustained for the long term, and that the organization can deliver on.
- Cultivate referrals from current supporters.
- Write, format, design, and edit proposals and reports that demonstrate our unique value in a professional and customized manner.
Ideal candidate will:
- Establish trust and build long-term, high-quality relationships.
- Be positive, engaging, and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation, and follow-up skills.
- Have exceptional attention to detail, especially regarding written proposals and reports.
- Have experience with fundraising, capital campaigns, corporate sponsorship, sales, and/or grant proposals is preferred. Salesforce fluency is a plus.
- Have 10+ years of work experience.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is mandatory.
$75,000 – $95,000 depending on experience
In addition to being part of a motivated and accomplished team, Greenhouse Scholars offers:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- 401(k) with company match
- …and more!