Location: Boulder, CO and across the U.S.About Greenhouse Scholars
Greenhouse Scholars is a diverse community of leaders working together to ensure people of all backgrounds can live a life of their choosing.
Our values are leadership, community, relentlessness, and accountability. We are a non-profit that operates more like a for-profit. We are change agents who are bold and innovative, optimistic and engaging, gritty and accountable, and builders of relationships and community. Our team is comprised of innovative, entrepreneurial, and results-driven individuals who work collaboratively with our community to achieve our goals.
About this role
We are looking for a dynamic person to manage existing relationships and cultivate new ones with individual donors, corporate partners, foundations, mentors, volunteers, and alumni of our program across the United States. Specifically, you will be focused on managing our community in the 45 states where we do not have local staff (WA, OR, CA, UT, NM, TX, MN, FL, DC, MA, etc), and on corporate and foundation partnerships that span multiple states. You will be responsible for building trust, customizing interactions, and growing these relationships to become increasingly meaningful, multi-faceted, and valuable to the organization.
This position is based in our Boulder, Colorado office with frequent travel around the country.
This job might be for you if…
You enjoy seeking and developing outstanding leaders across industries and generations, building economic opportunity, and measuring ROI. You listen carefully, understand what people value, anticipate their preferences, and deliver. You are by nature a persuasive person with the ability to envision a solution, get others on board with your ideas, and execute to achieve them. You seek out people from different backgrounds or divergent world-views, and you help them create meaningful connections with one another. You are a results-oriented relationship builder.
- Manage the important donor relationships with an ownership mentality and focus on solutions and results.
- Communicate about Greenhouse Scholars using stories, examples, and data that’s consistent with our brand strategy and inspiring to each audience.
- Develop trust, confidence, and a strong rapport with 200+ individual and institutional donors, growing to $1M+ in annual contributions in a few years.
- Get the ‘right contributors in the right seats’ by presenting opportunities to engage that are customized and specific to the prospect’s goals and values, that are a match with the organization’s needs, that can be sustained for the long term, and that the organization can deliver on.
- Cultivate referrals from current supporters.
- Write, format, design, and edit proposals and reports that demonstrate our unique value in a professional and customized manner.
Ideal candidate will:
- Establish trust and build long-term, high-quality relationships.
- Be positive, engaging, and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation, and follow-up skills.
- Have exceptional attention to detail, especially regarding written proposals and reports.
- Experience with fundraising, capital campaigns, corporate sponsorship, sales, and/or grant proposals is preferred.
- Salesforce fluency is a plus.
- Have 10+ years of work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is mandatory.
$65,000 – $95,000 depending on experience
In addition to being part of a motivated and accomplished team, Greenhouse Scholars offers:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Bereavement for immediate family
- 401(k) with company match