Location: Boulder, CO
About Greenhouse Scholars
Greenhouse Scholars is a diverse community of leaders working together to ensure people of all backgrounds can live a life of their choosing.
Our vision is to create a community of leaders who will evolve the communities of the world. Our values are leadership, community, relentlessness, and accountability. We are a non-profit that operates more like a for-profit. We are change agents who are bold and innovative, optimistic and engaging, gritty and accountable, and builders of relationships and community. We are 15 years into proving our model and are aggressively growing our organization and impact. Our team is comprised of innovative, entrepreneurial, and results-driven individuals who work collaboratively with our community to achieve our goals. We are seeking a high-performing candidate to join us.
About this role
The Events Associate is responsible for managing the quality execution of Greenhouse Scholars events and experiences nationwide, in-person and virtual. This position works closely with the internal team and external partners to plan, manage, and execute exceptionally high-quality events that deliver on our program, build our community, and raise critical funds. These events include live and silent auctions, dinner parties, celebrity chef events, house parties, speaking engagements, athletic events, and more. This position will manage all logistics including food and beverage, venue selection, staff, volunteers, decor, permitting, parking, rentals, and more.
This position is in our Boulder, Colorado office and is not virtual or remote. Travel to manage events in Illinois, North Carolina, Georgia, and future expansion locations is required.
What your day-to-day might look like
Collaborate with the team and management to draft an events experience plan based on established objectives and budgets. Coordinate and execute the outreach to potential vendors and in-kind sponsors for Venus de Miles, our annual all-women’s bike ride. Research new venues and partners in Charlotte, North Carolina for our first large-scale fundraising event that you’ll present to the executive team for final selection. Organize the final details of an all-community event on-site at the venue to ensure every element is in place before guests arrive—communicating effectively with staff, volunteers, and hired partners so everyone understands how to do their jobs perfectly throughout the event.
This job might be for you if…
You are incredibly skilled at proactive planning, communicating clearly, and executing thoroughly down to every last detail—and ensuring people supporting your efforts are equipped to do the same. You thrive on to-do lists and pride yourself on being highly productive. You enjoy perfecting details and also know when to pull back to strategically align with agreed-upon goals. You are a relationship-builder who enjoys creating lasting and mutually-beneficial partnerships with vendors, sponsors, volunteers, and more. You can manage high-stress moments with poise and bring a solutions-oriented approach to minor emergencies and last-minute changes because, hey, that’s life!
- Develop and implement integrated event plans and checklists in collaboration with internal staff and external partners.
- Manage all primary communications with all events partners, vendors, volunteers, and more.
- Manage all event budgets, tracking actuals against planned spending and reconciling all financials with accounting colleagues.
- Collaborate and communicate with colleagues to ensure accuracy of marketing and communications for events.
- Lead and execute all activities and personnel before, during, and after each event.
- Document all relevant information using Salesforce, Google Suite, and Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo)
- Track, analyze, and communicate event results to the team.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Have an unrelenting positive attitude
- Be detail-oriented and highly organized, with an efficient approach to managing events
- Bring a strong, entrepreneurial work ethic
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and follow-up skills
- A collaborative mindset and approach
- Be well versed in PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite
- Have 4-8 years of work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is mandatory
$50,000 – 70,000 depending on experience
In addition to being part of a motivated and accomplished team, Greenhouse Scholars offers:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Bereavement for immediate family
- 401(k) with company match