Learn about our roles
What we’re looking for:
As the ideal candidate, you are a high-performing, entrepreneurial, self-starter who is passionate about creating a positive impact. You have experience with some of the responsibilities outlined below and are eager to learn more and refine your skills. You love working as part of a team but are comfortable taking the initiative to get things done on your own.
Greenhouse Scholars interns must be available to work 20 hours per week. It is likely the Spring 2022 internship will be in our Boulder, CO office.
What we offer:
One of our core values is accountability. We are accountable to our interns the same way they are accountable to us. This is not an internship where you will be fetching coffee or doing data entry all day. It is our goal to provide value to you in the form of skills and experience that will help you in your chosen career. Sure, there will be some classic intern stuff on your to-do list, but much more of your time will be spent doing “real work.” Our interns are wholly responsible for their own projects and are trusted to work on those projects independently, sometimes with little oversight. We give you the opportunity to grow into the role, make it your own, and become an integral part of our team.
Greenhouse Scholars interns will receive a stipend.
We’re looking for part-time interns to fill the following roles:
Event Management and Marketing
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the Relationships and Project teams who plan and execute the organization’s major fundraising events such Glass Half Full. You will also work with the project team on marketing communications for our events and the organization as a whole. You will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Social media marketing
- Logistical and operational support
- Outreach to potential donors, including in-kind partners
- Printed marketing communications like invitations, program books, name tags
- Assist with corporate sponsorship deliverables and accountability reports
- On-brand copywriting
- Event volunteer recruitment
- Event merchandise orders and inventory management
In this role, you will work alongside the Program team who develop and deliver our Whole Person Program and work directly with the Greenhouse Scholars in our program. You will support them in the daily program administration with duties such as:
- Communications to internal staff, Scholars, and external community members
- Assist with developing Scholar Content for marketing efforts and historical archiving
- Program execution across all 8 program components
- Data management, reporting, and analysis
- Summer Symposium event planning efforts including speaker outreach
- Volunteer management for the New Scholar Selection process
All interns will be assigned to a specific role, but the right candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the organization across multiple functions.