Click here to apply.
Greenhouse Scholars, an education nonprofit that cultivates extraordinary leaders to change low-income families and communities, is seeking summer interns to join our team in Boulder, CO and Chicago, IL.
What we’re looking for:
As the ideal candidate, you are a high-performing, entrepreneurial, self-starter who is passionate about creating a positive impact. You have experience with some of the responsibilities outlined below and are eager to learn more and refine your skills. You love working as part of a team but are comfortable taking the initiative to get things done on your own.
We prefer our summer interns work full-time.
What we offer:
One of our core values is accountability. We are accountable to our interns just the same way they are accountable to us. This is not an internship where you will be fetching coffee or doing data entry all day. It is our goal to provide value to you in the form of skills and experience that will help you in your chosen career. Sure, there will be some classic intern stuff on your to-do list, but you will be doing much more “real work” than that. Our interns are wholly responsible for their own projects and are trusted to work on those projects, sometimes with little oversight. We give you the opportunity to grow into the role, make it your own, and become an integral part of our team.
Greenhouse Scholars summer interns will receive a stipend.
This summer, we’re looking for interns to fill multiple roles:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the Relationships and Projects teams who plan and execute the organization’s major fundraising events such as Venus de Miles and Glass Half Full. You will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Logistical and operational support
- Detailed research and analysis of competitive events
- Outreach to potential donors
- Invitation mailings
- Participant packet creation
- Fundraising strategy development
- Merchandise inventory management and shipping
In this role, you will work alongside the Program team who develop and deliver our Whole Person Program and work directly with the Greenhouse Scholars in our program. You will support them in the daily program administration with duties such as:
- Communications to internal staff, Scholars, and external community members
- New Scholar Selection efforts including outreach to high schools and other education entities
- Event planning for Summer Symposium, which includes assisting with agenda development, logistics management, and reaching out to participants
- Data management, reporting, and analysis
In this role, you will work directly with the Projects team who coordinate and execute all Greenhouse Scholars communications. You will assist with such tasks as:
- Event promotion
- Social media posts
- Video editing
- Photo editing
- On-brand copywriting
- Creative fundraising campaigns
All interns will be assigned to a specific role, but the right candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the organization across multiple functions.
Click here to apply.