Click here to apply.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Position: Cultivate and Manage Relationships; Provide Leadership for our Community in Illinois
Full time, with benefits
This position is currently open as of June 2018. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
Greenhouse Scholars is an education nonprofit that cultivates extraordinary leaders to change low-income families and communities.
Our vision is to create a community of leaders who will evolve the communities of the world. Our values are leadership, accountability, community, and relentlessness. We support high-performing but under-resourced students during and after college with a Whole Person program model that includes 8 components: mentorship, peer support, internships, professional networking, Summer Symposium, financial support, skills modules, and impact. Greenhouse Scholars has an innovative, hard-working, results-driven culture with a high-performing team. Together with our 220+ Scholars, we are catalyzing change for thousands of individuals, families, and communities locally and across the globe for generations to come.
Since 2012, Greenhouse Scholars has thrived in Illinois. We are looking for a dynamic person to manage existing relationships and cultivate new ones with individual donors, corporate partners, mentors, volunteers, and foundations — with a focus on growing these relationships so they become increasingly meaningful, valuable, and sustainable. This position will require adaptive relationship skills, interaction with high-net-worth individuals and corporate donors, and a strong, self-motivated work ethic.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Managing one of the organization’s most important regions with an ownership mentality to solutions and results.
- Communicate the Greenhouse Scholars program deliberately and intentionally in a way that’s consistent with our brand strategy and inspiring.
- Develop trust, confidence, and a strong rapport with 250+ VIP individual and corporate donors.
- Getting the ‘right contributors in the right seats’ by presenting opportunities to engage that are customized and specific to the prospect’s goals and values, that are a match with the organization’s needs, that can be sustained for the long-term, and that the organization can deliver on.
- Cultivate referrals from current supporters.
- Write and present compelling proposals for corporate and foundation grants.
- Write, format, and design reports that demonstrate our unique value in a professional and customized manner.
Ideal candidate will:
- Establish trust and build long-term, high-quality relationships.
- Be positive, engaging, and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation, and follow up skills.
- Have exceptional attention to detail, especially regarding written proposals and reports.
- Work independently in an office in downtown Chicago often remote from other team members.
- Have 5-15 years of work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is mandatory.
Click here to apply.